TERMS AND CONDITIONS Health & Safety information
- It is the client’s responsibility to advise us in writing of any person, family/staff/ tenant that may be sensitive or allergic to chemicals, pesticides and/or odours, that may use or work in the treatment area.
- It is the client’s responsibility to restrict entry or remove from the treatment areas all persons, family/staff/tenant, animals, birds, fish, pets or flora that may be sensitive or allergic to chemicals, pesticides and/or odours.
- Any persons who are particularly sensitive, or who readily suffer from allergic reactions, should, as a matter of precaution, remain out of the premises for a period of 24 hours and not return until the premises have been fully ventilated. (All other persons for a minimum of two hours).
- The client must ensure that any treated areas including where baits, monitoring devices and stations are installed are not disturbed, moved or damaged.
- The client must cover or remove all food, food preparation items, wash preparation benches and utensils from treatment area.
- The client must ensure that any person, family/staff/tenant, animals, birds do not come in contact with treated surfaces until the control agent has dried.
- The client must observe and act on any advice and recommendations provided by Murray Pest Control (Murrays) staff written or otherwise.
- If requested by us you must ensure your premises are properly ventilated after treatment. Leave any air conditioners on ‘vent mode’ so that they circulate outside air into the building, for a period of two hours after the treatment and before reoccupying.
- The client must remove and restrict entry of any person, animals, birds and/or fish during ventilation period.
- If advised by us to isolate smoke and/or fire alarms, pilot lights, fans or any other equipment in treatment areas then it is your responsibility to ensure that this is completed and the fire brigade or appropriate entity is notified. You indemnify us from any resulting claims by the fire brigade or other entities.
- The client must notify us of any electronic equipment, computers, machinery or any other equipment that may be affected by our treatment. The client is responsible for any remedial work required prior to and after the service.
- Inspections are defined as a visual inspection only limited to those areas and sections of the property fully accessible on the date of inspection. The visual inspection does not include breaking apart, dismantling, removing or moving heavy objects. The technician cannot see inside walls, between floors, inside skillion roofing, behind stored goods, etc. The technician does not dig, gouge, force or perform any other invasive procedures unless otherwise stated.
- If during the course of the program it is found that structural or environmental conditions prevent us performing any sections of the pest management program then the Warranty or Free service period will be reviewed.
- If a Warranty or Free service period has been provided, then, upon notification by you, we will provide remedial treatment/s to specified pest/s as required to the nominated property, at no further cost to you. Any Warranty or Free service period is conditional upon you notifying us immediately of evidence of pest infestation.
- No responsibility is accepted, or warranties implied, for any damage or consequential losses that may or may have occurred as a result of past, current or future pest infestation.
- This service, warranty or free service period only applies to the pest speciesand treated areas named overleaf. This service does not provide treatment or protection against any other pest/s or other areas not specified overleaf.
- Whilst every care will be taken, Murray’s is not to be held responsible or liable, should staining of timbers, fabrics, and wall/floor coverings or any other articles occur.
- Where drilling, cutting or other invasive work is required, no liability is accepted should damage result to concealed services such as power, gas, water, etc. You indemnify us against any costs that arise from such possible damages. Clear and accurate plans (of all concealed services) must be provided by you before we commence invasive work.
- The client accepts that this pest management program can be rendered ineffective if you fail to implement our recommendations, this may include building alterations, rubbish disposal, hygiene procedures, storage, work processes, incoming goods, building maintenance, etc. You indemnify us from any claims or fines by Government or other agencies/businesses resulting from failure to comply with our recommendations.
- The client must inspect or contract us to inspect all incoming goods as they may introduce conducive or pest infested materials. You must advise us immediately of incoming goods you suspect are affected by pests. Pests introduced by incoming goods may render this pest management program ineffective.
- We take no responsibility for work carried out carried by any other Pest Manager past, current or future.
Termites and other Timber Pest management is NOT included in this Service unless otherwise specified
The service described overleaf proposal does not include inspections or treatment for Timber pests including but not limited to termites, wood borers, fungal decay, chemical delignification or wood decay. Termites in particular are recognised as a high risk to ‘Timber in Service’ across mainland Australia. We strongly recommend that you arrange to have your property inspected for termites once every twelve months and preferably every three to six months as recommended in the Australian Standards AS 3660 Protection of buildings from subterranean termites and AS 4349.3 Inspection of buildings – timber pest inspections. A termite or timber pest inspection can be arranged on request and is highly recommended as one in five buildings are attacked during their economic life.
Disclaimer of liability to third parties
This pest management proposal and/or associated paperwork is provided solely for the benefit of the client named overleaf. No liability or responsibility whatsoever, in contract or via tort is to be accepted to any third party who without prior written authority from Murray’s, relies on the treatment, proposal and/or recommendations wholly or in part. Any third party acting or relying on this treatment or paperwork does so at their own risk.
- All prices quoted are valid for thirty days, after which we reserve the right to make revisions.
- Unless specific written arrangements have been made, the full contract price shall be due and payable and recoverable by us on commencement of the initial service.
- Any warranty or Free service period shall be null and void unless all monies due and payable to Murray’s have been paid in full within the specified payment terms period.
- Any expenses, costs or disbursements incurred by Murray’s in recovering any outstanding monies including debt collection agency fees and solicitor’s costs shall be paid for by the customer, providing that those fees do not exceed the sale charges as charged by the debt collection agency/solicitor and in any event the commission is not to exceed 18% of the debt value, plus out of pocket expenses.
- All services include a call out fee of $110, which is nonrefundable.
- All cancellations and adjustments must be made 48 hrs prior to service or cancellation fees of $110 will apply.
- Cancellation of service on the day will incur a call out and administration fee of $143 in total.
Only areas to which reasonable access is available were inspected. The Australian Standard 4349.3 Inspections of Buildings Part 3: Timber Pest Inspections, defines reasonable access as “areas where safe, unobstructed access is provided and the minimum clearances specified in the Table below are available or, where these clearances are not available, areas within the consultant’s unobstructed line of sight and within arm’s length. Reasonable access does not include removing screws and bolts to access covers.” Reasonable access does not include the use of destructive or invasive inspection methods. Nor does reasonable access include cutting or making access traps, or moving heavy furniture or stored goods.
|AREA||ACCESS HOLE||CRAWL SPACE||HEIGHT|
|450 x 400mm
500 x 400mm
|600 x 600mm
Vertical clearanceTimber floor: 400mm to bearer, joist or other obstruction.
Concrete floor: 500mm
|Accessible from 2.1m step ladder or 3.6m ladder placed against a wall
Accessible from a 3.6m ladder